Montag, 1. September 2008

Syria

If there is anything positive about the war in Georgia, it is that only then I got the idea of coming to Syria. The landscape there is not much interestıng and also it is pretty hot there, so I only stayed in the cities. But they were really worth to see. After two days in Aleppo I went for another two days to Damascus. I could have stayed much longer, but I also want to see Turkey and don´t have much time left.

I met quite a lot of people here, that don´t really fit into islamıc society like gays, metalheads,etc. A very nice farewell was the jazzfestival in the old castle of Damascus with syrian and international groups.

Now in Turkey I was very warm welcomed by a family who picked me up on the border and insisted to invite me to their last meal before ramadan. They called me 'mujahed' because I look like an Afghan, as they said. From their home near the border I had a long bus drive untill now. Last nıght I spent on the bus station in Kayseri and now I wait there for the bus to Güreme (Kappadokia). However, here in Turkey it,s very expensive to travel. In just one day I´ve spent exactly 37 euros only for food and transport,nothing else. I still didn´t see anything here. In Ethiopia such an amount would last one or two weeks.

1 Kommentar:

jimmy hat gesagt…

hey there,

it's amazing what you've achieved so far.

keep going!